Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Con Schedule Update!

Hello all, Matt here.  So, in doing planning for conventions and which ones to attend, and the logistics of said attendance, I found something very interesting.  Jenn had managed to save up enough Delta Skymiles to qualify for a free airline ticket to Seattle from Boston (and back too!)  Conveniently, Seattle is where Sakura-Con is being held.  So, figuring that this was just too perfect to pass up, we booked Jenn on a flight to Seattle for that weekend, which means we're officially going to Sakura-Con!  (Well, Jenn is anyway, we're trying to see if we can send Casey too, but to my knowledge she does not have any secret hidden cache of airline miles.)  I've updated the Con Calendar page to reflect this.  Jenn also filled out the AA application for PortConMaine, so we're trying to get into their alley as well.

One bizarre story about trying to plan for going to these conventions:

In working on going to Anime Central I was looking at airline flights.  I found flights from Boston to Chicago for ~$270, and flights from Boston to Milwaukee for ~$150.  The really screwy thing was this: the flight from Boston to Milwaukee goes through Chicago.  It's even the same exact aircraft for each flight on the leg between Boston and Chicago.  So, you can go farther for less money on the same aircraft.  That just seems really off to me, but what do I know (other than apparently the airline industry has some wacky pricing practices).

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* I need to get myself to Sakura Con, seeing as how I live here and all. But alas, work happens.

    Anyway, airplane tickets are insanely weird. o_o

    ReplyDelete